The IKO Kiteboarder Card certifies your level according to your skills and allows schools, instructors and shops to be aware of your competencies.
- Know the Right of way rules, Self Rescue Procedures, Weather factors
- Ride away from the shore and come back at starting point.
- Ride among others riders
- Recover the board without the leash, by body dragging upwind.
- Constantly ride upwind.
Students who learn with us receive automatically their kiteboarder card.
If you never received a Certification Level Card since you Kitesurf, then schedule a Check Out Test with our IKO instructors in Crandon ($30.00) test lasts about 15 minutes.
The level 3 of the IKO Kiteboarder Card also allows you to become an Instructor Assistant and later enter the 5-days Instructor Course and start a teaching career in the sport.
Back top of page
BECOME A KITEBORDER INSTRUCTOR:
Because you are addicted kiteboarders and want to share your passion and knowledge with others, IKO offers you the possibility to be trained as a pro instructor and make your passion your job.
A solid training program
IKO offers a reliable and professional training program. Instructors become IKO certified by attending the 5 days Instructor Training Course (ITC). The training program corresponds precisely to kiteboarding teaching methods. The certification is recognized as the international standard in teaching.
At the end of the training, you will have developed abilities in the following major areas: safety, practical environment, analysis, technique, teaching psychology and live situation.
After attending an ITC, you will be qualified as IKO Instructor level 1 and will be able to continue your pro training through an Online Continuing Education program specifically designed for IKO Instructors who want to push further their Knowledge and Pro career into the sport.
Your benefits with IKO
- International Certification Recognition for quality teaching skills
- Be able to purchase IKO Instructor Insurance
- Be able to purchase IKO products at Pro prices
- Have access to the job opening listings on the IKO website and apply for positions worldwide
- Earn Product Points by referring students to become registered members on My IKO
- Post personal profile info online, which is viewable via the general public website
- Be at least 18 years old
- Kiteboarding/Snowkiting for at least 1 year and be a certified IKO kiteboarder/snowkiter level 3 minimum
- Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification
- Have a valid first aid certificate or pass it with the IKO Examiner running the course
- Pass online Pre-ITC course (compulsory starting 1st of June 2009)
- Kiteboarding only: complete the IKO powerboat certification course or have outside powerboat certification
How to enroll in a course
Miamikiteboarding organizes Instructor Training Courses ( ITC ) every 2 months. You may take the opportunity to join their team afterwards and start teaching immediately to build your experience among one of the most recognized IKO Affiliated Center in the USA.
- For complete information: fees, schedule, direction, accommodations options etc
Click here to see attached ITC information
- Registration Form to return by Fax or email:
Click here to see attached candidate registration
BECOME AN ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
What is the assistant instructor's job about?
You wish to get a job as an Assistant Kiteboarding Instructor or you want to start your kiteboarding pro career and need to gain experience to attend an IKO ITC?
In both cases the assistant instructor training is for you!
It is a great way to gain experience to prepare for a professional career, or simply discover what an instructor's job is all about! In a few words, it is the best way to mix your passion and your job, and you can start as early as 16 years old.
As an IKO Assistant Instructor, you are qualified to:
The assistant instructor program is essential to candidates with no prior
teaching background in any water or aerial sport. If you intend on
following an ITC (instructor course) the assistant instructor program
is a prerequesite to becoming IKO instructor level 1.
- Manage the equipment organization and maintenance.
- Manage the kite launching and landing of a group of 2 students.
- Teach 1 student at a time (up to level 1D and under the supervision of
an IKO instructor level 2
- Supervise the safety of 4 kiteboarders from level 3/J and
above who rent equipment or need assistance.
The training is organized in 3 steps and is completed in a minimum of 3 days. The 2 first steps are usually completed in 1 day:
Evaluation of your competencies:
(During the 3rd step, you will work with your instructor level 2 in live situation. You act as assistant instructor during at least 10 hours of lesson.)
- Kiteboarding knowledge
- Practice level
- Theoretical competencies: level check and update of knowledge.
Note: the Assistant Instructor will receive his diploma by post upon successful completion of his training.
Your will become part of IKO's international network!
- Be at least 16 years old (parental consent if under 18).
- Be certified IKO kiteboarder level 3 for at least 6 months (or have equivalent level of practice)
- Have a valid first aid and CPR diploma.
Where to start the Training as an Assistant
To start your training, you need to register online here!
By doing so and upon successful completion of your payment, you will automatically receive your Assistant Instructor Manual online.
Download and print it!
Then contact Miamikiteboarding : email@example.com to start
your training with an IKO Instructor Level 2 or above.
How much will it cost?
The fee to register as a candidate Assistant instructor and receive the Assistant Instructor Manual online is $50.
Assistant Instructor Insurance can be added on top of that.
Insurance is valid for 1 year. The level 2 instructor running the training will then charge the recommended price of $100 to complete the 3 day training.
Click here to register!
Contact us for Riding Skill test firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-345-9974
Back top of page