to watch the complete set of rules at Crandon Park
What you need to know about the spot.
Crandon park in Key Biscayne is a kitesurfing paradise, Only 2 miles away form Miami Downtown. Warm water & air year round and shallow water lagoon , makes it one of the best spot in the country.
But Kitesurfing at Crandon Park falls under strict regulations imposed by, Miami Dade County , Crandon park Rangers, and Lifeguards authorities.
Miamikiteboarding, being the kitesurfing vendor in the park, we are mandated by Miami Dade County to manage and enforce the Kiteboarding regulations on the spot.
The rules were developed in accordance with the Crandon Park Master Plan, Ocean Rescue and IKO Safety guidelines;
Please adhere strictly to the rules to ensure safety of beach goers and help us keeping the spot open !
keep scrolling for more...
RULES AT CRAnDON
Registration fees required at Crandon Park
Yearly Pass $350
Weekly Pass $100
Daily Pass $40
no day pass on weekends
Since access depends on your kiteboarding level, please check-in to Miami Kiteboarding Office before going to the beach.
You must be independent kiteboarder to be eligible for a Pass at Crandon.
IKO Certification check-out is included in your fee.
Upon satisfying the minimum required level, your Pass will be validated.
What do you get with your Kite Pass at Crandon?
When buying Any Pass at MKB you are joining the long established Crandon Riders Club and enjoying the following benefits:
ON THE WATER:
- Kiteboarding access to Crandon park’s restricted kitesurfing area and one of the best spot in Florida.
- IKO worldwide certification card
- Liability coverage when riding at Crandon
- Beach safety marshall on duty full time to help launching / landing and surveillance
- Jetski rescue / patrol for your safety on the water.
- Boat Shuttles to sandbars during Westerly winds (fee applies)
- Downwinders and Kite trips with a chase boat to explore new spot around Miami (fee applies).
- Kites Demo days, free clinics and free Kites trial all year-round
- Access to REAL-TIME WIND and LIVE WEBCAM of the spot
- Complimentary “ MKB Riders” rashguard
- 10% on all MKB services (Lessons, Downwinders, Rentals, Summer camps...)*not applying to day pass
- 10% discount on the entire MKB store (Accessories, Kites, Boards …)
- Access to MKB Beach Lounge with Chairs & Umbrellas for you and your family / Free WIFI / Music / Showers / Lockers
- Kite Repair services year-round
- IKO center for lessons, rentals, supervision, and advanced coaching
- Kite Store right onsite for any equipment and parts needs
- Beautiful tropical sandy beach for your family and visiting friends
- Food & Drinks with OpenSeas restaurant partner in Crandon Park
- Access to WhatsApp Group chat for Wind conditions and weather updates
Crandon is a location like no other but expect rules to be enforced and your proof of competences to be requested.
This is the only way MKB has been able to maintain this kite-paradise opened to the public.
We welcome all competent kiteboarders willing to play the fair game.